Process capability in industrial serial production can often only be demonstrated by a 100% final inspection. Final inspections are often done manually by individuals doing a visual inspection and accompanied by typical problems such as fatigue in the human eye, inconsistent inspection quality and an inability to determine the extent of the defect. A reproducible machine vision system that works reliably and efficiently delivers fast, documentable inspection results: VINSPEC by VITRONIC.
The VINSPEC machine vision system reliably inspects the sides and contours of visible, sealing and functional surfaces on level and curved parts.
For inspection purposes, VITRONIC uses high resolution area and line scan cameras the reliably detect defects such as scratches, cracks, dents, blisters, pores, chips, shrinkage cavities and processing faults on edges. VITRONIC even handles challenging visual inspections when the inspection tasks are extremely complex.
- shrinkage cavity and contour inspections of sealing surfaces
- on cylinder heads, engine blocks and parts, e.g. gasket surfaces, cylinder bores
- surface inspections and quality sorting for automobile rear mirrors
- inspection of fineblanking parts
- internal inspection of valve housings and bodies
- surface inspection of ceramic discs
- surface inspection of glass seals for airbag igniters
- quality inspection (2D and 3D) of forged parts (connecting rods)
Source : Vitronic.com